ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2019
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 10th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys 2019) and associated workshops, held from June 18 - 21, 2019 in Amherst, MA, USA.
ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 includes the following tracks:
Co-located with ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 are the following workshops:
- MMVE 2019: 11th International Workshop on Immersive Mixed and Virtual Environment Systems
- NOSSDAV 2019: 29th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video
- PV 2019: 24th Packet Video Workshop
ACM MMSys provides a forum for researchers to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems are regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating systems, real-time systems, databases, mobile computing, distributed systems, and middleware communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to investigate the intersections and the interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types.
MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
- Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or system whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in more than one component, or
- Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
Such individual system components include:
- Operating systems
- Distributed architectures and protocols
- Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
- Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
- New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses, and algorithms for their operation
- Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
- Metrics and measurement tools to assess performance
This touches aspects of many hot topics including but not limited to content preparation and delivery systems, HDR, games, virtual/augmented/mixed reality, 3D video, immersive systems, plenoptics, 360° video, volumetric video delivery, multimedia IoT, multi and many-core, GPGPUs, mobile multimedia and 5G, wearable multimedia, P2P, cloud-based multimedia, cyber-physical systems, multi-sensory experiences, smart cities, QoE.
Further details regarding the conference will be posted online in due time. Please check this Web site peridocially.
Statement on Inclusion and Safety
As the organizers of ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 (MMSys), we are committed to providing an inclusive, safe, and respectful conference environment for all attendees.
MMSys and its organizers, speakers, and attendees are bound by the ACM Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment, and we the organizers fully endorse this policy. The policy’s scope concerns the main conference, workshops, social events, and related social media.
Should you experience or witness a violation of the anti-harassment policy, or have any other concerns regarding your ability to fully and safely participate in the conference, please contact the General Chair at email@example.com or ask for them at the registration desk.