ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2019
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 10th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys 2019) and associated workshops, held from June 18 - 21, 2019 in Amherst, MA, USA.
ACM MMSys provides a forum for researchers to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems are regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating systems, real-time systems, databases, mobile computing, distributed systems, and middleware communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to investigate the intersections and the interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types.
ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 includes the following tracks:
Co-located with ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 are the following workshops:
- MMVE 2019: 11th International Workshop on Immersive Mixed and Virtual Environment Systems
- NOSSDAV 2019: 29th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video
- PV 2019: 24th Packet Video Workshop
- MM’19 TPC Workshop: ACM Multimedia 2019 TPC Meeting and Workshop
New This Year!!!
Nurturing New Talent in SIGMM: ACM MMSys 2019 Travel Grants
- Students who are (co-)authoring an accepted paper in the conference or one of the co-located workshops, or students without an accepted paper, but who are involved in the multimedia systems research are encouraged to apply.
- Applications from female and minority students, as well as students who have not previously attended the MMSys conference are also encouraged to apply. Further details can be found here!
ACM MMSys 2019 Childcare Grant
MMSys 2019 is proud to subsidize child care. Grants of up to $300 per family are available for the conference attendees who are bringing small children to the conference or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home. MMSys 2019 provides financial assistance to subsidize a variety of child-care options, including:
- On-site child care at the conference arranged by the parent, including placing kids in a shared care facility or paying for babysitting expenses;
- Travel costs for a companion who provides child care, specifically for non-shared transportation costs such as airfare;
- Travel costs for children between the ages of two and sixteen. Further details can be found here!
- Jordi Cenzano, Director of Engineering for Advanced Technologies at Brightcove, “Challenges of livestreaming at scale”
- Weidong Mao, Comcast Cable, “Next Generation IP Video Architecture: Trends, Challenges, and Solutions”
- Nimesha Ranasinghe, Multisensory Interactive Media Lab, University of Maine, “Experience media: moving towards an age of digital experience”
- Alia Sheikh, Senior Development Producer, BBC R&D, “Experiments in Producing Immersive Content”
- Dave Oran, Independent Researcher, “In-Compute Networking and In-Network Computing - the great confluence”
Statement on Inclusion and Safety
As the organizers of ACM Multimedia Systems 2019 (MMSys), we are committed to providing an inclusive, safe, and respectful conference environment for all attendees.
MMSys and its organizers, speakers, and attendees are bound by the ACM Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment, and we the organizers fully endorse this policy. The policy’s scope concerns the main conference, workshops, social events, and related social media.
Should you experience or witness a violation of the anti-harassment policy, or have any other concerns regarding your ability to fully and safely participate in the conference, please contact the General Chair at email@example.com or ask for them at the registration desk.